DECIPHERING NEURODEGENERATIVE DISORDERS
23 – 26 May 2017 Edinburgh
Poster Presentation Information
Below you will find information for Oral and Poster Presenters regarding the preparation of their poster.
All oral and poster presenters are requested to present a poster at the conference and follow the guidelines available to download below.
Poster Viewing Times:
All oral and poster presenters are allocated a display time on a particular day. Please download the list below to find out which day you will be presenting your poster.
Call for Abstracts is Now Closed
Thank you to all who submitted abstracts for the international conference on Deciphering Neurodegenerative Disorders- Prion 2017, which will be held in Edinburgh, Scotland from 23 – 26 May 2017.
The abstract submission process for PRION 2017 will be through an online submission portal. Submitters are requested to create an account and submit an abstract for review according to the guidelines set out on this page. If the abstract has been successfully accepted for the conference, the presenting author is requested to register to confirm that they will accept the offer by 31 March 2017.
An abstract can be submitted for presentation at the conference as one of the following:
- Junior Researchers Forum, Oral Presentation, Poster Presentation
- Oral or Poster Presentation
- Poster Only
Oral Presentation/ Junior Researchers Forum:
- Presenting Authors may be required to participate in a panel Q&A on the day
- Presentations should be created in PowerPoint and saved as PowerPoint or as a PDF
Junior Researchers Forum:
- The Junior Researchers Forum will take place on the afternoon of 23 May 2017
- To be eligible presenters must have 5 years or less post-doctoral experience
- Presenters will be required to give a 10 minute oral presentation on their accepted abstract
- Poster presenters will be expected to be available during the allocated Poster Session time in the conference programme
- The poster should be of A0 size, portrait style and professionally printed. Posters should not be mounted on a rigid backing as they will be displayed on poster display boards
- Please note that all expenses for the design, printing etc. of the poster are the responsibility of the presenters
- At the conference it would be useful to have a leaflet/brochure to give to delegates
- The Programme Committee may at its discretion move an accepted submission into another presentation category to ensure the continuity of the conference programme.
Abstracts must be submitted under one of the conference themes.
Clinical and Epidemiological Aspects
Mechanisms of Neurodegeneration
Protein Biology – Function, Conversion, Dysfunction
Submission Guidelines and Templates:
Please adhere to the following formatting guidelines when preparing abstracts for submission for PRION 2017. Abstracts not formatted to the following standards will not be accepted.
The system will ask you to input the following details:
- Title of the abstract (word limit is 40)
- Presentation type (Junior Researchers Forum, Oral, Poster)
- Name, affiliation, and job title of presenting author
- Name, affiliation, and job title of co-author(s)
- Indicate the Presenting Author (presenting author must submit the abstract)
- Abstract word limit is 400.
- The abstract submission should include all text detailing the Aims, Methods, Results and Conclusions of the work you want to present. Please used these headings in your abstract. Your abstract should be inserted into the text box available.
- No graphics or charts may be included in the abstract.
- Indicate the professional status of the Presenting Author (Postgraduate, PhD Student, Post-doctoral Scientist <5years post PhD, Post-doctoral Scientist >5years post PhD, Other)
- Confirm that the study was conducted under appropriate ethical guidance (Yes, No, N/A)
How to Submit an Abstract:
The Presenting Author will be the contact person for the abstract and must submit the abstract. Once you enter the online submission portal, start by creating an Account. Please keep a record of the account details you use to set up the account as you will require them to log into both the PRION 2017 abstract submission system and Conference registration portals. Upon successful submission of the abstract a confirmation email will be sent to the Presenting Author.
IMPORTANT: Please note that you can save your submission as a draft and return to edit the submission, you can also edit a submitted document by entering the submission portal again and clicking on ‘Edit Abstracts’ and choosing your submitted abstract. Please note that after the close of submission, on 15th February, the abstract cannot be edited. If you require any assistance regarding the submission of your abstract, contact email@example.com
Please submit your abstract by Wednesday 15 February 2017. Please follow the instructions carefully. Abstracts which do not follow the above guidelines will not be reviewed.
Notification will be sent to authors in mid-March 2017
Terms & Conditions:
- If the Scientific Committee choose to accept the abstract they will send an offer to the presenting author. The presenting author must register to confirm acceptance of the offer made by 31 March. If the presenting author does not register, the abstract will not be included in the programme.
- Presenters may be recorded for live streaming. A recording of the presentation and a copy of the slides may be published online after the conference.
- Submitted abstracts, and/or posters will be published in print and/or online. If you do not wish for your abstract to be published please inform the conference organisers at the time of submission by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Any requests after the deadline to submit your abstract cannot be accommodated.
- It is the responsibility of the Presenting Author to communicate results with other members of the presenting team.
- All abstracts must be submitted in English.
If you require any assistance regarding the submission of your abstract, contact email@example.com